January 27, 2005 :: Standardized Tests and College Admissions Topics of Upcoming Chat
Students and parents who have questions about standardized tests, college admissions and financial aid can get the answers they need during a live chat event scheduled at 2 p.m. Feb. 8.
Offered through Mapping Your Future, a public service Web site providing college, career and financial aid information and services, the chat session is designed to help students navigate through what some consider a maze of career, college and financial aid information - all from the privacy and convenience of a personal computer.
During the chat event, students and their families will learn more about:
- The three main standardized tests and tips on how to prepare for them.
- College admission applications via the Web.
- Where to find online scholarship search services and what to look for in those services.
- Online tools for determining the costs of college and how to pay for it.
- Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
- Other financial aid and college admission topics.
Anyone with Internet access can join in the chat by visiting www.mapping-your-future.org. Simple instructions will guide them on how to join the chat.
Mapping Your Future is a national collaborative public service project of the financial aid industry. It brings together the expertise of the industry to provide free college, career, financial aid and literacy services for schools, students and families.
The Mapping Your Future Web site is sponsored by the Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program (OGSLP) and other guaranty agencies that participate in the Federal Family Education Loan Program.
In Oklahoma, loans for higher education or post-secondary education made to students by private or public lending institutions are guaranteed by the federal government through OGSLP, which is administered by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.