Workplan / Priority Issues
During 2014, in addition to providing input to the State Regents, the Chancellor and the State Regents' staff regarding ongoing higher education initiatives, the Faculty Advisory Council will focus on the following topics:
- Improve and identify best practices for general education and college student competence in key areas such as financial literacy, computer proficiency, critical thinking and communicating.
- Explore faculty workload impact on academic efficiency.
- Improve retention of college students and identify best practices in career advisement, student motivation, program changes, faculty development and enrollment management.
- Improve success of transfer students and identify best practices in efforts such as course equivalency, articulation, curriculum alignment, outcome assessments and feedback reports.
- Explore success of concurrent students, especially in online courses.
- Support and provide advice on current State Regents initiatives, including Complete College America and the Online Education Task Force.
To provide input or to seek information regarding the items on the workplan or any other matters of faculty concern, please contact any of the current members of the Faculty Advisory Council.